Data (Warehouse) Engineer
Where will you be working?
Swishfund is a rapidly growing fintech SME lender, active in NL and UK. Swishfund offers entrepreneurs, with its digital platform, the most attractive alternative for business financing in the short and medium term.
Our purpose is to be fast, flexible and customer focused. The power of data is essential to fulfill our purpose and to keep outperforming our competitors. Our ambition is to be #1 in the Netherlands and international expansion.
We are looking for a delivery minded Data (Warehouse) Engineer to kick start the scale up phase of the data pipeline. As a data (warehouse) engineer you are responsible for all matters related to the data warehouse and ETL flows including support, analysis, design, requirements gathering, functional/technical specification, development, deployment, and testing. You will be reporting directly to the CTO.
- Design, build and improve our data and analytics infrastructure;
- Build data quality and wrangling checks on datasets;
- Retrieve, analyse and integrate large and varying sets of data to provide usable, clean and readable insights;
- You will be responsible for converting the raw data from several sources into consumable data;
- Write complex queries using Python and SQL across a wide variety of data sets and sources to fulfil stakeholder requirements.
Our Ideal Data (warehouse) Engineer:
Are you the eager to learn, driven and proactive personality who is a positive asset to our team and do you recognise yourself more or less in the following descriptions?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, programming or related field. Master’s degree is a plus;
- Strong understanding of data modelling and data warehouse principles;
- Ability to write readable and maintainable scripts with Python and SQL;
- 3+ years hands on experience with structured data warehouse projects;
- Understands how effective data loading and ETL flows impact cost in a cloud environment;
- Proven experience developing, organizing and securing large amounts of data;
- Experience using Cloud services (AWS S3, RDS);
- Experience with version control & CI/CD pipelines;
- You can connect and setup REST APIS with different authentication methods.
Technologies you'll use
- Python (Airflow, Flask, FastAPI);
- Snowflake (Snowpipe), PostgreSQL, MySQL;
- AWS, Docker, Gitlab.
These are the reasons why you want to work at Swishfund!
- You will work in a young and highly driven team;
- You are part of a fast-growing fintech scale-up;
- Fulltime employment;
- Instructive and pleasant working environment with many challenges;
- Your work will be fundamental for the success of the company;
- Good primary and secondary employment conditions;
- Room for personal development;
- Daily lunch, unlimited coffee, tea, soft drinks and daily fresh fruit;
- Of course, good Friday drinks and fun team outings;
- An open atmosphere where people not only work hard, but also have a lot of fun.
(Naturally, Swishfund applies the Corona measures so that some parts do not take place or take place online).
Apply now by sending in your CV or LinkedIn-link.
For questions about the job opening you can contact Elsbeth Koutsoglou (firstname.lastname@example.org)